Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NO ANSWER (IS IT BECAUSE OF EGO)
When I don't have an answer or an appropriate answer to the question posed to me, then I try to find a way to escape from the situation. The best responses that I give are:
That is the way it is supposed to be...don't start an argument. - or
That is it, do not question the basics of life (or whatever the topic is about.) It is only the foolish who harp on such issues. - or
You don't know this simple thing is it...oh god, you should improve your knowledge. - or
Oh you know it, but just pretending you don't know. And since I know that you know, let us leave the topic.
(hmm anymore to add...oh help me out...I sure could do with some more responses.)

6 comments:

Greener Bangalore said...

Just put a smile on your face when such questions are asked......The other person may think...
Oh she smiles.....that means....she knows the answer....or
She don't know/she ignoring/she not taking it serious/she is avoiding/ and a 100 other things like this........

The best way to confuse them is a smile ;-)

A New Beginning said...

Ha ha Lakshmi what's up :)

Destiny's child... said...

Now you have me totally confused!!

sury siva said...

As a teacher, whenever a question is put before me for which I do not have an answer (either correct or complete ) I have two ways: If u r sure that the question has been put to you in all honesty, accept that you do not know the answer, and would come back with the right answer next class. However, if you have an inkling that the questioner just wants you to look foolish in the eyes of others, please say:
" Honestly, I do not know the answer. I prefer listening to you. Would u mind enlightening me ?"
subbu rathinam.

The Literary Jewels said...

Silence can also be used in many ways. Stay silent and keep them guessing ;)

Saras said...

Remember, by admitting that you do not know you may get a chance to know, while pretending to know you will never get to know. Make your choice.