Saturday, December 25, 2010

Unpleasantness in a showroom

There is this showroom recently opened in my locality. At my friend’s suggestion that it held a lot of varieties at reasonable rates, I thought why not give it a go. Along with my daughter I entered the textile showroom. For a new showroom it lacked the sense of neatness. Clothes were heaped on tables. Oh yes there were some on the hangers and some on the shelf too. But the tables had the most of them. Digging into the table we found a dress which we thought was looking ok. As we removed it from the pile….a sudden stench of sweat greeted our nose. The depth of stench came exactly from the dress which we felt was good in terms of pattern, design and colour. We could not continue our purchase in that showroom. It lacked neatness, cleanliness and hygiene…………..and thereby making us hurry for the exit.


But that made me ponder. Most of the showrooms have a trial room for customers to try on the dress and then go ahead to choose to buy or not. What would be the best way to avoid this unpleasantness? An unpleasantness, that makes one walk out of the shop. I think the answer lies, a lot on the customer as much as it lies on the showroom owner and salesperson.

6 comments:

AS said...

Its easier for men :) They do not need to try. I actually never tried till date. And i prefer to pick up a packed thing. But a nice post. I did not ever thing about this problem.

KParthasarathi said...

Apart from quality,price and design, the most important attribute of a good show room is the slick presentation of its products,categorised and sorted neatly ,in a consumer friendly manner.The stench,lack of trial room and haphazard display would only drive away the customers as it did in your case.
Customers also have responsibility to handle the dresses without spoiling it

அன்புடன் அருணா said...

I do think on these lines :)

Jzt4me said...

Trust me, this post gave me a much alarming thought...

Gosh, who all might have worn that Dresses and Footwears before we tried it on...

Lakshmi, u r too much...u made me go ughhhh!!!...hehehe!!!

dr.antony said...

That is one way of cutting down costs. Less customer services. I came home for a short break and took a budget airline.The stink of vomitus from the front seat kept me nauseated till I reached Trivandrum.
We are to be blamed.Why dont they learn to use sickness bags? Why dont we learn to be clean when we to go to a clothes shop? Some people just keep om trying the dresses and dont buy them!.

I never try them on before buying,and insist I get a packed piece fo my size.Easier for men.

AS said...

hii

yes, but cant believe this pic is of a showroom!!

gawd!